Pros of Living in a Two-Story HomeA two-story home is a popular configuration for a primary residence. The two-story design leaves plenty of room to include the usual kitchen, living room, bathrooms, bedrooms, etc., as well as extra space for an office or a playroom. A two-story home build offers:
- Owner’s Suite Upstairs: Many families with small children prefer their bedroom to be on the same floor as their children’s and a two-story will accommodate that
- More Space: A two-story home offers additional square footage at a better price compared to a ranch-style home because you are building up instead of out on a smaller footer with less roof coverage Two-story homes fit better on smaller lots because you have less square footage on the main level
- More to See: You can expect improved views of your property and surrounding area from the second floor of your home.
Cons of Living in a Two-Story Home
There are always two sides to every coin. While the advantages to building a two-story home are plentiful, more may not always be better, or at least may not be the right fit for you.
With a two-story home layout, you will need to prepare for:
- Navigation: Stairs can be tough to navigate, especially if you have friends or family members who are physically impaired.
- Owners Suite: the owner’s suite being on the second floor limits privacy for the owners due to having the bedroom on the same floor as all others in the home. This may make a choice of a two-story difficult as the homeowner gets older and stairs become difficult.
- Limited exterior design option: Since they are more vertical and boxy you are not able to add peaks or unlimited options to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
The above Cons should definitely be considered before deciding to build a two-story home.
Choosing a Builder for a Two-Story Home
Now you’ve reviewed the pros and cons, and want to build a two-story home for you and your family, the next step is finding the builder. You want someone who will give inspiration, listen to you, and someone you feel confident will do the best job. Costa Homebuilders understands that you want a home that you can make a lifetime of memories. That’s why we provide excellent customer service. To allow you to get your dream home as stress-free as possible.
Build Your Two-Story Dream Home Today
Building a house is a significant decision. Being well informed will help you to make the right decision for yourself and your family.
Compromise is often required when home building. (There is a delicate balance to maintain financially and with the time required to maintain a two-story home). A clear view of the pros and cons of two-story homeownership will give you the edge needed to make the right home-building choices.
From the first blueprint to the finishing touches, Costa Homebuilders will help make your dream home a reality.
Take advantage of 4 generations of home-building experience. Contact Costa Homebuilders to start planning your custom two-story Pittsburgh home today.